Thursday, March 19, 2009

Laundry 101

Don't use regular bleach with anything but whites.
"Dry Clean Only" does not mean jam into washer with jeans and towels.
Red shirts that bleed with make white shirts pink.
Use laundry detergent, not dishwasher soap.
And finally...
...wash only covers of pillows or make sure the fabric is strong enough to be washed if the pillow does not have a liner around the stuffing inside.



Oh well, the pillow was severely faded from sitting in the back window of my car for several years. I think I will have fluff floating around my laundry room/storage area for a while.

This laundry thing was easier when mom did it. When I lived at home, I did my own laundry. I'd wait until I had enough dirty clothes to do a load. Makes sense, right? I had arguments with my mom to NOT do my laundry. She'd say she didn't have enough for a full load of that particular clothing and would grab a shirt or pair of pants from me. I wouldn't mind. But then I'd come home from work or school, all the laundry would be done. Granted, I was grateful because washing clothes is not a party, even with modern conveniences. There is a big difference between a shirt and a basket full of dirty clothing. If there was something else that my mom would get mad at me about, she'd try and guilt me that she'd do my laundry. Playing a "trump card" doesn't quite work that way.

No comments: