I posted on my Facebook profile that we should have 2 days for work and 5 days for the weekend. Really, it's not a bad idea to consider. This would help cut back on budgets and people would be more motivated/refreshed to work the two days. This would also encourage more family time. Well, some people would not like that. I take mine with everything that goes with it. In an hour or less they all knew I was in a wreck, wanted to know I was safe, and the ones that were close enough called to find out where they could help. We always help each other in a bind.
Better news is that Forte's vet appointment went better that I anticipated. He's been having itchy skin since middle of January. His last bath was December, and dry skin isn't uncommon for dogs in Utah, even in winter. The itching has been bad enough that his armpits are red, irritated and the skin has been broken from repeated scratching. So a little bit of staph, he doesn't exactly where shoes and socks. The only thing I could come up with the for the itches is Science Diet had re-formulated their Lamb and Rice food with fish oil and other ingredients, about mid-January is when I started the new food. Usually fish oil is supposed to help make the coat sleeker, but my vet said a fish allergy is not unheard of.
So at this point, she prescribed a topical steroid-based spray and 50-75mg of Benadryl BID. I'm going with the lesser amount of Benadryl since Forte is usually mellow as it is. Now when people out in public ask how I get him to be so calm, I can say Benadryl.

(At least it's not dead dog!)
From here, it is just going to be trying different things and seeing how it goes with any improvement.
No comments:
Post a Comment