Saturday, February 21, 2009

Being able to Write

This week hasn't been that great. Obviously for the previous post on my car. I am behind in my class more so since I couldn't go on Wednesday. The reality of car expense is sinking in. I had a nice headache and was feeling rather ill from everything that is going on. (I guess the good thing is I have rather good credit and qualify for more than I expected.)

There was region training meeting this morning for all puppy raisers in Utah at the Salt Lake Center for the Blind. I was excited to learn knew training and to see raisers and a friend from Guide Dogs. That part of the day was really good. I saw Forte's brother, Fullerton. He's absolutely a cute little guy (sorry Megan, hope he doesn't feel less macho!) I'll post pictures later, I'm not in the mood.

My mom called me that my sister had a miscarriage. I have just been crying myself sick for the last hour. My sister and her husband had hopes for the last year to get pregnant. She found out three weeks ago that she had conceived. When she first told me, she asked to keep the news quiet since if she did miscarry, she didn't want so many people to feel sorry for her. I believe it is one thing to be able to say, but it is another to be in the situation. When I talked to her husband, it was very difficult to heat him on the other end of the line trying to keep it together.

I haven't had a lot of things like this to deal with at once for a while. I hate being emotional and over-stressed. I imagine I will get sick her in the next couple of weeks, seems to happen when I let myself get run down. I guess I should be thankful for some constant daily routines like taking care of the dog and cat. When I am sick, I don't care if I lay in my pajamas and eat when I feel like waking up. But it is the daily responsibility of making sure that my dog and cat are okay. I have never been so sick or depressed that I stopped caring about others, including animals. I pray that day never happens when life has no meaning.

The title of my blog has a point. I have been writing a personal narrative for my on-line writing class, essentially writing about writing. I'm glad I can just write my thoughts somewhere. I think I am feeling 5% less sick than when I first started writing. I'll post more later when I am up to it.

1 comment:

Lois Lane said...

Your poor sis!! That's horrible!