Alright, anyone who has ever had a pet (likely dog) that has had any form of surgery and needed to where an Elizabethan/E-collar, also known more recently as a Cone of Shame (courtesy the movie UP), knows all that is involved. I also feel this is proof that dogs experience emotions, at least in some small degree. Kasha is a very upbeat dog and few things get her down. Even if she is being brat and I give her a collar correction, she still wags her tail. There was no tail wagging in this picture. Fortunately, my vet is wonderful to stay up to date on surgical procedures and Kasha really didn't need to wear one. She was very good to leave the one visible suture alone from her spay. I keep one of these collars on hand for emergency purposes.
Oh and public responsibility reminder, spay and neuter your pets. See, even Guide Dogs for the Blind is responsible in the breeding of their dogs.
1 comment:
Oh the dreaded cone of shame. Our pet dog, Shadow, had to have that a couple of times in his life. He would actually turn and go the other way on a walk if he saw another dog while he was wearing an E-collar. I'm glad Kasha didn't have to wear it long.
Post a Comment