Sunday, January 4, 2009

A Fresh 365 Day Time Period

In other words, a new year. I don't support New Year's Resolutions a lot. At least in the aspect of thinking out a goal, shouting it out when your time zone hits midnight, and then trying to not fail at it for the next 12 months. Pessimistic, maybe. I do support that setting of goals and positive improvement in our lives. We can do this at any time, it doesn't have to be on the first day of the year. Besides, if you do not achieve your goal, the entire year is wasted. Start again.

But if I must set a resolution, it will be to find a new job and organize my photos/memories,etc. The place that I work at decent; it pays the bills, they are flexible with bringing my guide dog in training to work, and I don't have someone screaming at me every day when I walk in the doors. However, I would like to have a job that will be more flexible with my school. I haven't been told out right "You cannot work here and go to school". But there have been some comments made that point in the same direction. I would also like to be doing something more to my areas of interest, whether with art, animals, or service. Filling out shipping paperwork isn't what I want to do for a career. There is more to the job and there are areas that I find interesting. The company started by the owner helping someone get a lost package back (or something along those lines). For confidentiality reasons, I need to be vague and not disclose certain information since I've decided to keep my blog public...for now.

My other goal stems from looking in a basement closed at my parents and finding a large, red tote full of pictures, papers, and such that I had saved with the intent to scrapbook. Oh yeah, there is another longer, flat tote to accompany as well. Oh crap! I want to at least organize the photos, label things, make it more presentable. I enjoy pictures and don't want to throw them away. So I'm starting small with minimum organization. I would love for the items to be scrap booked, but I just don't have drive to keep up with it. (Any takers?)

So goals: Get a new job and organize photo crap. I have other more personal/spiritual ones as well, but again, this blog is public. Too bad!



The doodle is courtesy of my aspiring animator brother-in-law .

No comments: