Thursday, January 21, 2010

Not the Big Red Dog

It's due time I post something about Clifford.

I mean this Clifford...

I've noticed when I have socialized him and people ask his name, they do not seem bothered that he is named "Clifford". This is my first dog to have a "dog name". I've had a few dogs with people names, but they seem strange to the general public. How many dogs do you really know named Iola? Also when people ask his name, I often add on the tag line "not the big red dog". Because this is what again the average person thinks of when hearing the name...

Though both dogs are labradors (in my opinion), enjoy playing, eating food, and the occasional tail chase; there are some differences between the two I would like to clarify.
1. The Big Red Dog is 47, aged well beyond the normal lab life span.
2. The little black dog has a white spot on his chest.
3. I have never seen the Big Red Dog lay down with "frog legs".

4. The Big Red Dog's best friends are a purple poodle and yellow & brown bull dog.
5. This is the little black lab's best friend


There are more differences I can list, but I think that is sufficient for now...oh yeah, my dog is real and not a red illustration...

...or is he?

No comments: