Friday, December 4, 2009

Catch up, not Ketchup.

The phrase "catch-up" always brings to mind a not-that-funny joke:

What did the mustard do when he saw a female condiment jog by? He went to "ketchup".

There are other similar versions I have heard, anyway...

To update, I have a new puppy to raise.His name is Clifford, and no, he is not red and does not look like the mailman on Cheers. He is a black lab and has a very good personality. I can't say that he is perfect, but more likely a matter that he doesn't have an issue I'm not used to dealing with. This is dog #7.

I love this picture, he looks like he is rooting for the school I go to (it's actually a shirt from an Underdog costume.)

Speaking of school, I am now "officially" an art major. I finally got my academic advisor to change my status from being pre-art to a full major. I have held off as long as I could in declaring a major as I wasn't sure what my emphasis was going to be. Art is great and a big passion in my life, but it is not necessary as the basics such as a doctor is. However, I didn't want to spent all of this time in school for learning how to make fancy stuff, I wanted it to be off value. So for my first degree declaration, I will say Graphic Design. If I fail at that and need to re-evaluate the degree...Painting & Drawing emphasis is my fall-back.

As of right now, I am sitting with my right arm in plaster wrap that has a sleeve of cellophane and a membrane of Vaseline below that. Reason, art project. My final for my 3-D class is to make an extension of my body out of something and then make a mark with said extension...oh, and it needs to be recorded.




Yes, this is silly...I'm learning to laugh at myself and that it is okay not to expect myself to be perfect 100% of the time. I'll post the video when I am done editing it.

No comments: